The DIR-3 KYC filing window for every financial year ending at 31 Mar ends on 30th September of the following financial year. e.g. The last date for filing the DIR-3 KYC form for the FY 21-22 ends on 30 Sep 2022. All directors are requested to file the DIR-3 KYC form before the due date, as failing which the DIN of the respective director will be changed to “Deactivated Due to Non-Filing of DIR-3 KYC” and the Director will also be liable to pay the late filing fee of Rs 5,000, for filing after the due date. So, Please visit the DIR-3-KYC-WEB form to complete your KYC in time and avoid any penalty. But before that read a few frequently asked questions, mentioned in this article and clear your doubts!
FAQs On DIR-3 KYC
- Who is required to file the DIR-3 KYC form?
For the Financial year 2021-22 – Any person who has been allotted “Director Identification Number (DIN/DPIN)” on or before 31st March 2021 and the status of such DIN is ‘Approved’, needs to file form DIR-3 KYC to update KYC details in the system on or before 30th September 2022. After expiry of the respective due dates, the system will mark all non-compliant DINs against which DIR-3 KYC form has not been filed as ‘Deactivated due to non-filing of DIR-3 KYC’.
- Who can file eForm DIR-3 KYC?
Any DIN holder who is filing his KYC details for the first time with MCA, must file all KYC details only through eForm DIR-3 KYC. There is no option for such a person to access the web service for his KYC. Further, any DIN holder who wants to update any information of his KYC details must update the same through the filing of eForm DIR-3 KYC only. Please note that no update in details can be made by accessing the web service for DIR-3 KYC.
- Who can file KYC through the DIR-3 KYC web-service?
Any DIN holder who has already submitted eForm DIR-3 KYC in any of the previous financial years and who does not require an update in any of his KYC details as submitted may perform his annual KYC by accessing DIR-3 KYC web service. No fee is payable up to the due date of each financial year. After the due date, a fee of Rs. 5,000 shall be payable.
- Dates to be kept in mind to comply with Annual compliance of KYC
As per the provisions of Rule 12A of the Companies (Appointment and Qualification of Directors) Rules, 2014, every individual who is allotted DIN as of 31st March of a financial year must submit his KYC on or before 30th September of the immediately next financial year. If the DIN holder does not file his annual KYC within the due date of each financial year, such DIN shall be marked as ‘Deactivated due to non-filing of DIR-3 KYC’ and shall remain in such Deactivated status until KYC is done with a fee of Rs. 5,000.
- Which details are required to be filled in the form?
Name (as per PAN database), Father’s Name (as per PAN database), “Date of Birth (DoB)” (as per PAN database), PAN Number (mandatory for citizens of India), Personal Mobile number, and Personal Email Address and Permanent/ Present address. Further, Aadhaar is mandatory, if it is assigned. If not, then Voter ID or Passport or Driving License shall be attached. Accordingly, a copy of any one of the above-selected information is to be attached.
- Is it mandatory to enter a unique mobile number and email ID in form DIR-3 KYC?
Yes. It is mandatory to enter your personal mobile number and personal email ID in the form DIR-3 KYC and the same has to be verified by an OTP process. Further, the mobile number and email ID must be unique such that it is not already linked with some other person in the DIN holders’ database.
- How does the OTP functionality in DIR-3 KYC work?
Send OTP button will be enabled only after successful Pre-scrutiny of the form. After successful Pre-scrutiny, the user has to click on the ‘Send OTP’ button.
- Who are the signatories in DIR-3 KYC form?
The DIN holder and a professional (CA/CS/CMA) certifying the form are the two signatories in form DIR-3 KYC. Please note that in the case of Citizens of India, the PAN mentioned in the DSC is verified with the PAN mentioned in the form. In the case of foreign nationals, the name in the DSC affixed should match the name entered in the form. DSCs affixed on the form should be duly registered on the MCA portal.
- I am a disqualified director, am I required to file form DIR-3 KYC?
Yes. Any person who has been allotted DIN and where the status of such DIN is ‘Approved’, is required to file form DIR-3 KYC. Hence, disqualified directors are also required to file form DIR-3 KYC.
- What is the fee for form DIR-3 KYC?
Form DIR-3 KYC, if filed within the due date of the respective financial year, no fee is payable. However, if filed after the due date, the Director will also be liable to pay the late filing fee of Rs 5,000, filing after the due date.
- My DIN status is ‘Deactivated’. Can I file form DIR-3 KYC?
Form DIR-3 KYC can be filed for status ‘Deactivated due to non-filing of DIR-3 KYC’ on payment of fee as above.
- Whether details entered in the form DIR-3 KYC will update DIN Holders’ database?
Yes. All information as entered in the form DIR-3 KYC shall be updated in the DIN holders’ database.
- Whether multiple filing of form DIR-3 KYC is allowed?
The system will not allow multiple filing of form DIR-3 KYC for an applicant. In case KYC is already filed for a DIN, and such DIN is entered again, the system throws an error that the form is already filed.
- Whether non-resident directors can provide Indian mobile numbers?
In case the DIN holder is a resident of India, the address must be an address in India and the mobile number must be an Indian mobile number. In case the DIN holder is non-resident, foreign addresses and foreign numbers shall only be allowed.
- What attachments provide for proof of address?
Address proofs like passport, election (voter identity) card, ration card, driving license, electricity bill, telephone bill or aadhaar shall be attached and should be in the name of the applicant only. In the case of Indian applicants, documents should not be older than 2 months from the date of filing of the eForm. In case of foreign applicant, address proof should not be older than 1 year from the date of filing of the eForm.
- Why is the ‘Send OTP’ button disabled? What is the validity of OTP?
Send OTP button remains disabled till successful pre-scrutiny of the form. After successful pre-scrutiny, the form must be saved and only after saving the form, the ‘Send OTP’ button gets enabled. Further, please note that, once OTP is successfully sent to the valid mobile number and email ID entered in the form, ‘Send OTP’ button gets disabled. OTP is valid for 30 minutes.
- OTP not received on email. Why is it so?
You may check the Spam folder in your mailbox for the OTP received.
- With reference to the Companies (Registration Office and Fees) Fifth Amendment Rules, 2018 dated 20th September 2018, please clarify whether my DIN which was ‘Deactivated due to non-filing of DIR-3 KYC’ would be ‘Reactivated’ automatically.
No. Every DIN holder whose DIN has been ‘Deactivated due to Non-filing of DIR-3 KYC’ has to necessarily file eform DIR-3 KYC or perform KYC through web-service first along with applicable fee. Once the form (DIR-3 KYC) is filed, it is approved on STP basis. On approval, the system will automatically ‘reactivate’ the DIN. Non-compliant DIN’s status would remain ‘Deactivated due to Non-filing of DIR-3 KYC’.
- When will the fee of Rs.5000(Rupees Five Thousand only) become payable applicable?
As per above rules, all cases of DIR-3 KYC filed from 30th September 2022 onwards will attract a fee of Rs.5000.
- I have multiple DINs and have not filed DIR-3 KYC for any of the DINs. I want to surrender the DIN but while filing the form DIR-3 KYC, the DIN is not getting prefilled. Please suggest.
In case you have multiple DINs then you need to retain the oldest DIN and surrender all the latest DINs by filing DIR -5 eform. Please download the latest form DIR-5 from the portal and try again.
- I have multiple DINs and intend to surrender them. Also, I have not filed DIR-3 KYC for any of the DINs. Since my DIN is not getting prefilled, should I file DIR-3 KYC first so that DIR-5 form can be filed to surrender the DIN?
You are required to file DIR-5 first indicating therein all the DINs that you need to surrender (latest ones) and retain the oldest DIN. Please download the latest form DIR-5 from the portal and try again.
- I have two DINs and have filed DIR-3 KYC for the latest DIN. Now when I am trying to file DIR-5 form to surrender, DIN is not getting prefilled. Please guide me.
Please download the latest form DIR-5 from portal for applying surrender of DIN entering therein the Oldest DIN in field no. 4 and the DIN to be surrendered (latest DIN) in field no. 5 of the form. Once your form is approved, all the associations with surrendered DIN would be automatically transferred to the oldest DIN retained.
Hope all your doubts are clear after reading the above written FAQs. We at InstaFinancials also provide assistance in filing the DIR-3 KYC form for free. Please contact InstaFinancials at Support@InstaFinancials.com for the same. No charges applied for the assistance!