EPFO is one of the world’s largest social security organizations in terms of the volume of financial transactions undertaken and clientele. According to the Annual Report 2015-16, EPFO currently maintains 17.14 crore accounts pertaining to its members. It provides Universal Social Security Coverage on a mandatory basis by way of Provident Fund, Pension and Life Insurance for all workers of the country.
The Board is assisted by the Employees’ PF Organization consisting of offices at 122 locations across the country. The EPFO is under the administrative control of the Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India. The Organization also has a well-equipped training set up where officers and employees of the Organization as well as Representatives of the Employers and Employees attend sessions for training and seminars.
The Board operates three schemes:-
- The Employees’ Provident Funds Scheme 1952 (EPF)
- The Employees’ Pension Scheme 1995 (EPS)
- The Employees’ Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme 1976 (EDLI)
Follow the process below to check the establishment details:
- On the EPFO website, click on “Establishment Search”
- Enter the name of your future or current employer. Enter the captcha and click on “ Search”
- A list of establishments will be displayed. There is a possibility that the company you have searched for has multiple establishment ids pertaining to each branch of the company
- Click on “View Details” across the establishment of your interest. The information will be loaded within seconds
- You can verify the registered address, the current working status of the establishment, ownership type, exemption status, etc
- You can click on “View Payment Details” to verify month on month PF filing status
- Click on the “No of employee” entry to view the list of employees against which the PF amount is paid. You can check if your name appears on the list if you are employed with the establishment and PF was deducted from your salary.
Safeguard yourself from fake & fraudulent companies. Please join the movement to be #FreeFromIgnorance and #FreeFromFakeCompanies.
You can click on the video links to follow the tutorial in a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NurGfMM4q4w
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1)What is the PF establishment name?
Ans: The employers can register their establishments with the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation. The registration of establishments can be done by providing details such as the name of the establishment, PAN number, contact details, etc
2) How do I find my establishment?
Ans: Establishment code is part of your PF account number and it’s a 5 digit code. Here is a simple illustration that highlights(underlined in red) establishment codes of two PF accounts. For example if your Bangalore PF account number is KN/46753/987 then the establishment code of your PF account is 46753.
3) What is the 7 digit establishment code for PF?
Ans: If you have a PF Number, it is very easy to find establishment code. The 7 digits that come after the initial 5 letters is the establishment code.
4) What are the measures by which the PF amount is recovered from a defaulting employer?
Ans: Attachment of Bank Accounts, Realisation of dues from Debtors, Attachment & Sale of properties, Arrest and Detention of the Employer, Action under Section 406/409 of Indian Penal Code and Section 110 of Criminal Procedure Code, Prosecution under section 14 of the EPF & MP Act,1952.
5) What happens if PF is not deposited by the employer?
Ans: The Employees’ PF Organization will invoke penal provisions of the Act to recover the dues from the employer. A complaint can be lodged with Police under section-406/409 of IPC by the EPFO for action against such employers.
- Establishment Search: https://unifiedportal-epfo.epfindia.gov.in/publicPortal/
2. Establishment Direct Search: https://unifiedportal-epfo.epfindia.gov.in/publicPortal/no-auth/misReport/home/loadEstSearchHome