E-verification is an issue-specific verification process. It includes verification of the identified transactions carried out by the Taxpayer in any specific financial year. Notice u/s 133C is issued electronically by Income tax Department during the e-verification process. This notice has requisite questions relating to the transactions/ case on which the taxpayer is expected to provide response.
Overview of functionality and General instructions
- View Case details and Notice u/s 133C –
- In the “e-verification” tab, taxpayer can view the details of e-verification case(s) initiated.
- Taxpayer can click on the case and check the notices issued/ e-proceedings initiated on such e-verification case.
- Details such as DIN (Document Identification number) and other details of the notice (issued on, served on, response due date etc.) are displayed to the taxpayer.
2. Download Notice – Taxpayer can download the notice PDF by clicking the DIN hyperlink.3.Submit Response –
- Taxpayer can submit the response to the questions asked in each notice.
- Multiple attachments (maximum 10 of 10mb each) can be submitted as part of the response
- The responses are to be submitted before the response due date.
- Once submitted, taxpayer can download system-generated acknowledgement receipt.
4. View Submitted Response
- The history of responses submitted by the taxpayer is maintained.
- It can be viewed by the taxpayer by clicking on “View” in the response column, against each notice.
5. View Activity History
- Taxpayer can view the activities conducted by going to the “Activity history” tab under e-verification module.
- Activities can be filtered on specific FY/ case type.
- Taxpayer can also download the acknowledgement receipt for an already submitted response.