- Means a company incorporated under the latest companies Act or under any previous company law
E.g. CBL Data Science Private Limited is a company incorporated under Companies Act, 2013
- A company that is in relation to another company.
- This means a company in which that other company has a significant influence
- Is not a subsidiary company of the company having such influence and
- Includes a joint venture company
E.g. If Company A is having a significant influence on Company B, then Company B is an associate company of Company A
Joint Venture (JV)
- Means a joint company where 2 or more companies or entities have joint control of the joint company, have rights to the net assets of the Company
E.g. HDFC ERGO GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED is a JV between HDFC Limited & ERGO International AG
- Means control of at least twenty per cent. (>=20%) of total voting power, or control of or participation in business decisions under an agreement
E.g. If Company A has 25% of voting power in Company B, means Company A has significant Influence on Company B.
All Parent Companies have a significant influence on their subsidiary companies.
Authorized Capital or Nominal Capital
- Is the maximum amount of share capital of the company that is authorised by the memorandum of a company
E.g. Rs 2,400 Cr is the authorised capital of Infosys Limited and Rs 9 Cr is the authorised capital of Google India Private Limited as of 5 Nov 2021
Get Outlook for iOS