- FREE Accounting & Billing Software for Small Businesses
- Small Business = Annual Turnover < INR 1.5 Cr for the FY 2018-19
- Both the Cloud-based version and desktop versions available
- You can choose from 8 available products
GST Council in collaboration with 8 different service providers started offering FREE accounts, billing and GST Software basic versions for companies with less than 1.5 Crore Turnover during Financial Year 2018-19.
Features of FREE Accounting & Billing Software provided by GST Council:
- Create Bills
- Create Invoices
- Manage Your Inventory
- Create your account statements
- Create Balance Sheets
- Prepare GST Returns and many others
These features can be viewed on the GST portal (www.gst.gov.in) in the “Downloads” section.
Taxpayers have a choice of 8 products to choose from. These are available as a cloud-based version as well as a downloadable that installs on desktop or laptop.
Steps to download:
- Login to the GST Portal using your login / password credentials.
- Go to the “Downloads” menu and select the “Accounting and Billing Software” option.
- Taxpayers will need to declare that your turnover is < INR 1.5 Crores (for the FY 2018-19), after which Taxpayers will be shown a choice of these 8 softwares.
- The important aspects of the 8 software are shown in a table which will help Taxpayers to make a decision and choose the software.
- Click on the link against the preferred software.
- Taxpayers will then be redirected to the product site and further steps on its use will be provided by the product companies.
It is again reiterated that the basic features offered are free of cost and NO payment is needed for use of the basic version. The User Manual/FAQ etc. will be available on the website of the respective software provider.
All queries/questions need to be taken up with them and NOT with GST Helpdesk.