- 66% stake in DEN for Rs 2,290 crore: For Jio GigaFiber
- 51.3% stake in Hathway for Rs 2,940 crore: For Jio GigaFiber
- 25% stake in Balaji Telefilms for Rs 413 crore: For content creation and JioCinema, JioTV
- Radisys for Rs 510 crore: For IoT and 5G services
- Acquired 73% stake in Embibe: For online education
- Acquired Saavn for Rs 670 crore: For online music streaming
- 16% stake in KaiOS for Rs 46 crore: For JioPhone
For the last two years, Reliance JIO has left everyone stunned with its tremendous growth in the data and telecom market. But was that an end for the founder of Jio Mukesh Ambani? While the Mukesh Ambani – led billion-dollar company creating a space in the telecom market with its defiant pricing and exciting offers, on the other side Reliance Industries agreed to buy controlling stakes from companies with an interest in data, entertainment, and content.
Do you want to know what biggest acquisitions Reliance Industries has made to stand out in telecom, data, and content business? Here are they…
- In its most recent acquisitions, Reliance Industries plucked up 66% stakes in DEN for Rs 2,290 crore to support its Jio GigaFiber operations.
- According to a statement by Reliance Jio Ltd., Rs 2,940 crore will be invested through a preferential issue for a 51.3% stake in Hathway Cable and Datacom Ltd.
- Without ignoring its properties like JioTV and JioCinema, Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL), acquired a 24.92% stake in film and television production house Balaji Telefilms Ltd in a deal worth Rs 413 crore.
- For a further push into the Internet of Things (IoT) and 5G operations, Reliance Industries bought the stake in Radisys Corp. for about Rs 510 crore, director of Reliance Jio, said in the statement.
- Earlier this year, Reliance Industries Ltd (RIL) has entered into agreements to acquire close to 73 percent stake in Embibe, an AI-based education platform that uses data analytics for personalised learning to help students.
- Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) also entered into agreements with Saavn to make its presence felt in the online music streaming business. The combined entity is valued at over Rs 670 crore.
- Soon after the launch of JioPhone, Reliance Retail Ltd (RRL) has bought a 16% stake in the US company KaiOS Technologies Inc, makers of the operating system that powers the company’s popular JioPhone, for 46 crore.
Read Full News: Gadgets Now